It with a heavy heart that we announce that adventure, author and renound French chef, and TV host Anthony Bourdain. The Mr. Bourdainhas died of an apparent suicide, according to CNN.
He was found in his hotel room by his close friend while Bourdain and his crew were on location filming an episode of Part Unknown.
This suicide comes a couple of days after the suicide of Kate Spade, which reminds us all that life is fragile and depression and suicide ideation is a growing problem that many people deal with on a daily basis, most of the time it is not seen by friends and families. According to the CDC in a report published on Thursday, suicide is a growing problem in the USA.
If you, or someone you know is struggling with depression and/or suicidal ideation, please call 1-800-273-8255, text SIGNS to 741741 ,or read more on how to handle this struggle for family and friends at Lifeline.
Warning signs are indicators that a person may be in acute danger and may urgently need help.
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself;
- Looking for a way to kill oneself;
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no purpose;
- Talking about feeling trapped or being in unbearable pain;
- Talking about being a burden to others;
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs;
- Acting anxious, agitated, or reckless;
- Sleeping too little or too much;
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated;
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge; and
- Displaying extreme mood swings.